Walk #19 - Corona Heights
|A view from the Corona Heights walk, near the summit.|
Okay, I will take full responsibility that I made many misjudgements:
- I chose to wear old jeans that I haven't worn in months. I forgot I needed to wear a belt with these jeans and I spent the entire two hours continually pulling my pants up (ask me why I didn't turn around and get a belt!).
- I chose to take a shoulder bag instead of my usual, small backpack. This kept rubbing on my t-shirt causing it to hike up and up above my jeans, so I spent the entire two hours continually pulling my shirt down.
- I chose to take Poppy the puppy, who kept pulling on her leash ahead, behind, to the right and to the left, to sniff, chew and jump on whatever her nose desired, so I spent the entire two hours pulling and tripping on the leash trying to control her.
- I was actually trying to follow the directions of the walk in the book while managing the first three.
- I was actually trying to take photographs, the kind where you need to be still while the shutter is clicking. Have you tried taking a photograph while a puppy has wrapped its leash around your leg and is trying to run after a leaf?
|On our way to the designated walk.|
|Sidewalk stairs on our way|
|Rows on Palm Trees in San Francisco!|
|A nice San Francisco sidewalk (except the couch...).|
|Geez, why can't I get this to grow at my house?|
|On one stairway down, we got drenched by sprinklers.|
|A nice tree along the stairway down.|
|Poppy, pulling me up more steps.|
|Poppy says: "Hurry up! Let's go!"|
|I make Poppy wait, but she is focused ahead.|
|A view of downtown from the hills we climbed.|
|Of course, Poppy wants to run up the stairs.|
|Some nice rows of San Francisco.|
|You gotta love the crazy streets and hills.|
|The summit of our walk, 400 ft.|
|A wider view of a San Francisco neighborhood.|
|Sutro Tower and surrounding neighborhood.|
|Another look, I couldn't help myself.|
|Some wildflowers growing out of the rocks.|
|Park Hill condos, which used to be St. Joseph's hospital.|
|Poppy is enjoying the wind in her ears and the views.|
|A wider view in the other direction, towards downtown.|
|A shot of the summit and its view beyond.|
|Wildflowers growing near the summit.|
|The steps down from the summit.|
|My lens cap rolled down this hill.|
View Larger Map