The weather promised to be sunny and warm so I decided to wander down to the Occupy San Francisco camp at the Justin Herman Plaza. There was not much going on at the camp, people were mostly sitting around.
There was a strong smell of marijuana in the the air. On the edge of the camp was a very talkative woman with a bird on her head. Mellody is her name and she expressed many opinions including this partial list:
- The poor and homeless are mistreated in the United States
- The rich are responsible for most of the problems and they need to fix them
- In Canada they treat all the elderly people with respect and in the United States they treat none of the elderly people with any respect
I didn't stay long at the camp, heading back up Market St. on foot. As I walked home, here are a few things that caught my eye.
In the evening, I played fetch with Leroy and the lobster. Listen.
A few miscellaneous things:
- An old man along Market Street yells after me.
"Hey! Hey! You lost something."
I stop and look back, did something fall out of my bag?
Sheesh. I guess he was judging me.
- A lady at my bus stop talks about how our personal information is going to be available to any business that runs our credit card. Listen.